1 angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object) [syn: elevation, altitude, ALT]
- : An elevated train, especially in Chicago.
- The letter L.
- masculine singular definite article. the
- en, masculine singular definite article for given names.
- Accusative masculine singular pronoun before verb.
Etymology 1Old Norse elri
Etymology 2Introduced in the 1940ies after Swedish [[el#Swedish
- yard (as unit of measurement)
- out (of)
Lingua Franca Nova
- SAMPA: /jel/
Etymology 1From ille.
- Masculine singular definite article; the.
Usage notesThe prepositions de and a contract with el, unless el is part of a proper noun.
- El misionario se fue a El Salvador para predicar al Salvador.
Articleel (plural: las)
- Feminine singular definite article used before nouns which
start with a stressed /a/:
- el alma, pl. las almas
Nounel (abbreviation of elektricitet)
EL, El or el may refer to:
- el, the masculine singular definite article in Spanish
- El (god), a Semitic word for "god"
- El (Cyrillic), a letter of the Cyrillic alphabet
- El (letter), the letter L
- El (hentai), an h game by ELF Corporation
- El (film), a 1953 film by Luis Buñuel
- El (album), an album by Lucero
- Acura EL, an automobile
- El (crater), a crater on Ganymede
- Electroluminescence (EL)
- Electrum (El)
- Eastern League (U.S. baseball), a Class AA League in Minor League Baseball
- Enciclopedia Libre, a spin-off project of the Spanish Wikipedia
- Equilibrium level, the height in the atmosphere where unstable air becomes stable
- European Left, a political party at European level
- Expression Language, a feature of the JavaServer Pages software technology
- Greek language's ISO 639 language code
- Air Nippon's IATA code
- Erie Lackawanna Railway's AAR reporting mark
- El rune, a rune in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
- Eternal Lands, an MMORPG
- .el, a computer file extension used for Emacs Lisp Source Code
- El, the main character of Robert Rodriguiez's Mariachi Trilogy
- Elevated railroad, a form of rapid
- The Chicago 'L', a rapid transit system in Chicago
- Earth Language, a visual language created by Yoshiko McFarland
- EL, elevation in many engineering drawings
el in Czech: EL
el in Danish: El
el in German: EL
el in Esperanto: El
el in French: EL
el in Korean: EL
el in Italian: EL
el in Dutch: El
el in Japanese: EL
el in Norwegian: El
el in Kölsch: EL (Watt ėßß datt?)
el in Finnish: El
el in Swedish: El
Amtrak, L, baggage train, branch, cable railroad, cable railway, choo-choo, cog railroad, cog railway, electric, electric railway, electric train, elevated, elevated railway, embankment, express, express train, feeder, feeder line, flier, freight, freight train, freighter, funicular, goods train, gravity-operated railway, horse railway, interurban, junction, light railroad, lightning express, limited, line, local, main line, metro, milk train, monorail, parliamentary, parliamentary train, passenger train, rack railway, rack-and-pinion railroad, rack-and-pinion railway, rail, rail line, railroad, railroad train, railway, rattler, roadbed, roadway, rolling stock, shuttle, shuttle train, sidetrack, siding, special, streamliner, street railway, streetcar line, subway, switchback, terminal, terminus, track, train, tram, tramline, trestle, trolley line, trunk, trunk line, tube, turnout, underground, way train